Yatombi Ikei aka Anthony Pierce

(2010) Population: 25,145,561, White: 70.4%, Black: 11.8%, Native American: 0.7%, Asian: 3.8%, Below Poverty Level: 17.1% (2009), PRISONERS: 172,506/ 0.69% (2008) TX Department of Correction: http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us

Postby admin » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:53 pm

Yatombi Ikei
aka Anthony Pierce

# 1813502
Michael Unit
2664 FM 2054
Tennessee Colony, TX 75886
USA

DOB 7-20-1959
possibly innocent

Case No: 267685
Date of the Crime: August 4, 1977
Date of Conviction: February of 1987
Sentenced to death for capital murder/ robbery murder, reduced to life on October 18, 2012

http://www.iippi.org/inmates/texas/anthonypierce.html
Last edited by admin on Fri May 08, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Your donation is vital to IIPPI
http://www.iippi.org/donations.html

Join IIPPI on Facebook
admin
Site Admin

The Laws, the Facts and the Anthony Pierce Case

Postby admin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:08 pm

The Laws, the Facts and the Anthony Pierce Case

Facts:
These courts are trying to dispose of as many cases as possible through the aide of these court appointed attorneys who, willing or unwilling, are filing worthless challenges on appeal in order to have our cases shut down, knowing that any other issue not timely raised would be subjected to this procedural Barr Law, which blames us instead of the court appointed attorneys, when we are not even allowed to represent ourselves in court.

Facts:
My case has been targeted to fall under this procedural law through the aide of several appointed attorneys, even amongst strong compelling facts in my case, are now being covered up by R.M. amending my original Habeas Petition, under Judge G.G.’s suggestion, outside my knowledge or consent.

Facts:
Attorney L.B.L., though raised some valid issues, abandoned my case for the seminary thus allowing this same judge to appoint another friend of the court, Attorney R.E.W. who could have easily substantiated the issues raised in my case, instead, linger in judge G.’s court for many years before he made an illegal ruling on my case, that was later supported by this Court of Appeals in an attempt to finalize my case from a state appeal process in its entirety.

Facts:
Court appointed attorney, M.B.C., took my case in a total different direction and as a result raised an issue he knew would not withstand a state challenge. This was an attempt to entice me to except life imprisonment and since my refusual to play along, the issue has already been successfully challenged and will, most likely, be up-held through-out the Federal Courts, where I fear the procedural default law will be used to deny me further relief on other issues that had not been filed on in a timely manner required by law, thus allowing me to become another victim of this murderous practice carried out against the poor by these American Courts, which M.B.C. is partly responsible for [where he has dumped my case on an inexperienced attorney in Habeas Law and set up shop with two others in the public defenders service in Las Vegas, Nevada].

Summary:
What all this means is that I could easily be another victim of this unjust judicial system without ever having all the raised issues properly addressed due to the conspired efforts of members of this judicial branch, therefore this case requires civil litigation, as well as criminal litigation by willing participants because at the rate these rulings are handed down my case could be finalized at any time so thank you for your concern and whatever action you deem necessary.

Yatombi Ikei
a/k/a Anthony Pierce
Texas Death Row
admin
Site Admin

Updating the Procedural Default Law

Postby admin » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:35 pm

August 23, 2007

Updating the Procedural Default Law

As my case now enters ist more serious stage, the federal court, there are issues that still linger with regard to my case which is cause for great concern for reasons stated below:

1.The attorney who petitioned to take my case has no experience in habeas law and therefore has no legal or statutory right to be assigned to my case. Yet, I am being forced to accept him due to my being 1) an indigent defendant thereby leaving me with little choice, 2) qualified attorneys usually opt-out of appointments by paying serverance fee, thus leaving many of us to be lined up to meet the executioner, and 3) the courts want to expedite these cases, especially older cases like mine, as quickly as possible and therefore use these inexperienced attorneys to do just that.

2.The issues raised in my original pleading was never ruled on by neither, the district court or the appeals court. Prior to a premature ruling by the state judge, he ordered both sides to submit briefs and after an attempt by the prosecutor to conceal their records from the defense, the court reordered the defense refile our summary and after some 11 ½ years transpired, totally, the district court judge denied relief without ever hearing one fact raised. The Court of Criminal Appeals sided with the district judge though, noted in an unpublished ruling that 48 claims were raised in this case that neither the district court or appeals court heard, yet they affirmed my case nevertheless. This is an illegal ruling, because whenever a court finds that there are controverted issues of facts that needs to be resolved, the court will usually order briefs as was done in this case, so a determination could be rendered which, by law, the district court judge was obligated to do. The Court of Appeals knows this all too well, yet instead of correcting these injustices the appeals court has taken the initiative to cover-up these illegal rulings made on our cases; and

3. since a lot of these attorneys operate under a code of secrecy that forbid some of them from filing on one another, even where incompetence was totally shown to be intentionally made, these attorneys will instead take a non-challenge approach with cases, which is backed by the state bar association, whom license them, and a court system that welcomes their lack of enthusiasm to challenge our cases so the system could resolve them though, this same bar association would never allow these attorneys, some of whom they have slated to be 10 of worse attorneys in the state to, either, represent or unchallenge facts in a given case involving one of their colleagues. However, they remain silent while these attorneys are continuously being placed on our appeals.
These are the same attorneys who petition the courts for appointments and thus receive multiple appointments after showing the courts their willingness to file inept appeals on our behalf as did R.E.W., who was appointed to my case by the district judge and who had filed something to this day I have never received a copy of, and M.B.C. and G.B.B., who was appointed by the appeals court and who filed one issue two different ways, with G.B.B. being unlicensed when he filed the first issue now, the both of them, with G.T., have abandoned my case and fled to Las Vegas, Nevada, to use their indigent defenders service to make money as they did in Texas.

What the Appeals Court have now done was rule that all my other issues were procedurally barred since I waited too long to raise them, while this inexperienced attorney stated that the court was probably right in their ruling. In the first place, this attorney does not even know habeas law, so his observation was, and is, flawed. Secondly, those issues were timely filed, and finally, whenever there is controverted issues raised in a given case, a hearing has to be set to resolve them via the law. However, making these illegal rulings is the State of Texas way to expedite these cases without hearing one fact and therefore I need a civil firm to challenge all of those illegal rulings and/ or violations made in this case, otherwise I could be facing an execution date. Your acknowledgement of this desperate plea to have this case thoroughly reviewed is very much appreciated. I thank each and everyone of you that you are taking the time to read it.

Peace & Love,
In solidarity,

admin
Site Admin

Postby GUILLARD » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:05 am

Greetings to You all,

My name is Yatombi Ikei, born Anthony Pierce on July 20,1959 in Houston, Harris County, Texas and presently reside on death row and have been since 1978.

Shortly after my 18th birthday, I was picked up to the robbery/murder of a fast food restaurant manager for which I plead not guilty to and believe that a close examination of the facts in this case would thus support me.

Without making a long drawn out pitch, I need the type of legal aid that will truly represent my interest and pursue my much deserve freedom. Unfortunately, the type of legal aid I’m speaking of will cost and therefore I am appealing to your humanity to donate whatever you can towards this endeavour or whatever you deem necessary. I also invite you to visit the enclose site and read up on the case yourself and see if its worth your paying attention to and thus supporting within your means – I be most grateful because like two prominent figures of our times once stated that “there is nothing more sadly conceived than injustice”; and “injustice anywhere treatens justice everywhere….”. dixit Charles Dickens and Dr. Martin Luher King 1 – this rings true to this day.

I thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Yatombi Ikei

You can read my case on :
www.iippi.org/inmates/texas/anthonypierce.html

A defense fund has been open with the help of
- Caroline BALSIGER - gurtendoerfli@bluewin.ch
- Annyck GUILLARD - annyckguillard@hotmail.com

N° of the account :
CENTEA BANK
Nossegem – Belgium

860-1020952-09
I-BAN : BE52 8601 0209 5209
BIC : SPAABE22
Annyck GUILLARD
GUILLARD

Postby GUILLARD » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:07 am

A DIGESTING THOUGHT

I recently learned that Annyck had set up a site in memory of Justin Fuller (rest his soul), who was murdered, like numerous others, by the State of Texas, in 2006.
However, Justin Fuller, unlike some, was murdered in a most hideous and hypocritical fashion by a court system that is fascist in practice and illegal in applying the law, “THE TEXAS COURT OF CRIMINAL APPEALS”.

What they did in Justin’s case was totally outrageous, where they allowed a sell-out court appointed attorney to file Justin’s case under someone else’s circumstances that this very court earlier denied and even after this fact was made known to the court, it refused to correct itself and like Justin, two sell out court appointed attorneys, Michael B. Charlton and Gerald B. Bierbaum, had done in my case (not filed my case under someone else’s circumstances), but filed it in such a manner to serve me to the State of Texas to be murdered all legal like, allow me to explain my circumstances as they exist now.

Previous attorneys had raised 48 claims in my case which, neither the District Court or Appeals Court wanted to address so, the District Court Judge, that my case was moved to, advised Robert McGlasson, who now reside in Atlanta, Georgia, to amend my Original Habeas Petition, which he did, that involved the illegal assembly of the Grand Jury these people like to keep secret. It was later amended again, leaving out the Grand Jury challenge, while making other claims though, offering stronger arguments on those issues that would only result in a reversal, as was done in this case twice before.

After allowing my case to sit idly by for 11 years in this new District Court, another sell-out court appointed attorney name R.E. Wheelan, file something on my case, to this day I had never received any copy of. Afterwards, Charlton filed a total different petition thus raising a brand new issue twice knowing that the issue itself would not withstand a State’s challenge. This snake did this out of spite and now he, Bierbaum and a Gary Taylor has all fled to Las Vegas; Nevada to set up people there for a pay check, as they were ran out of Texas for doing something illegal that I would like to know about because this information could help myself and others since these 3 were assigned to some 70 or so case’s.

Now, this hypocritical Appeals Court has denied the issue Charlton raised, as expected, in a second unpublished ruling, while ruling my other issue’s “Procedurally Barred”… What this mean is that, I cannot raise anything in Federal Court I did not raise in my State Habeas and since this snake attorney filed my case under a 2001 U.S. Supreme Court ruling, their treating my case as if it falls under this Anti-terrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996, when my case itself dates back to 1977 plus, my Original State Habeas was already pending in court 6 years before this law was enacted and since the law was not made retroactive (which means it applies to any capital case regardless of the commencement of the crime), it does not affect my case.

I need, either, a Civil Firm or an Out-of-State Firm to take up my appeal because I fear that this Defenders Service here in Texas, that consist of many ex-Resource Center Attorneys, will allow me to be murdered due to my public criticism of them and other “so called” legal self help organizations. I neither trust nor desire their representation, I rather die trying to expose the injustice done to me, as I’ve already petitioned the court to do, “represent myself”…..

I know one thing for sure, those witnesses lied through their teeth, as was shown in court all 3 trials, and the evidence was manipulated to try show some sort of proof to my guilt.
The question here becomes, whether you believe in my innocence or not is irrelevant, what is pertinent is that people see this country’s judicial system as it truly is, “Corrupted”, “Racially Bias”, “Politically Motivated”, and “Extremely Hypocritical”, amongst the entire Western Civilized Nations.
Such recognition should result in public criticism, not on moral grounds, but on the legal premise in which it operates on because Justin Fuller has desired this and so do I, whether I am with you in body or not because the struggle for justice is a Universal Struggle.
I thank you for your ear and open mindedness.

Peace/Love/Light

Yatombi/Kei
a/k/a Anthony Pierce
Polunsky Unit
Annyck GUILLARD
GUILLARD

Postby GUILLARD » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:08 am

I realize with the holidays approaching, many of you may not have the time or resources to invest in someone’s personal plight though, before you decide that fact, please allow me to tell you exactly what you will be purchasing, for whom cause and then make up your mind.

For a quick history note : Namibia was once a colonial colony of Great-Britain and Germany and to a degree still is tough, today it is more of a colonial colony of most of the Western Hemisphere, including the U.S. who has, and continue to rape Namibia, of all of its natural resources such as : diamonds, copper, uranium, gold and lead and though Namibia is viewed as an Independent Nation. It is anything but independent. The country is now being preyed upon by what are known as economical vultures, who buy up some of Namibia’s debt then turn around and hit them with an 80 or 90 % interest fee that will basically keep them in debt and unable to become fully independent.

http://www.iippi.org/images/inmates/cas ... pierce.jpg

At any rate, I had written this Poetry Book to help raise funds to fight my injustice at the hands of the U.S. judiciary, particularly Houston, Harris County, Texas, as well as help some children in Namibia, via little Laimy, to help them progress into a true independent nation.

Now the book itself have little stories of my adolescent years as to give the reader an idea of myself. However, there are some language that some may find offensive, but – believe me, no offense were intended, not would you be totally disappointed because your purchase of this book will serve two worthy causes.

Thank you all and have a wonderful holiday season.

Respectfully Yours,
Yatombi Ikei
Annyck GUILLARD
GUILLARD

A PERSONAL LEGAL UP-DATE

Postby GUILLARD » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:24 pm

Please be advised that not everything spoken herein has a legal context, whereas both the expressed comments as well as the opinions may be legally bounded.

In 2002, the United States Supreme Court held in Atkins v. Virginia that executing the mentally retarded was in violation of the eighth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution that protects against cruel and unusual punishment.

Since that time, attorneys have flooded the Courts with this claim, with some being valid issues, while others are not. At any rate, these Courts are besides themselves since the U.S. Court refuses to set a standard by which these States must operate by, thereby leaving the States to see their own standard and it is with this notion the problem lies. In any attempt to resolve these challenges as expeditiously as possible, the State’s Attorneys have resorted into hiring psychiatrist to give unstandardized psychiatric testing to bolster the States Argument against granting relief and though this should be considered unconstitutional in scope as well, the Courts are accepting these staged testing and as a resort, executions have been speed up.

Defense Attorneys, on the other hand, are rushing to beat filing deadlines and as a resort of this fate, half-heartedly defend these challenges thereby leaving people to face the executioner, while all these things are taking place, these prison officials, in co-horts with the State’s prosecution team and Attorney General's Office, are showing up in Court Hearing given testimonies of everyday activities of prisoners and their state of consciousness, when they neither professionally nor practically fit to speak on yet, they are being allowed to speak as expert witnesses against us under very limited challenges.

Several men such as James Clark and Michael Richard were diagnosed as being retarded yet, the prosecution team did not like that assessment so, the psychiatrist, who originated the initial findings were paid a higher fee, in the case of Richard, to change his diagnose which resulted into the death of Michael Richard and James Clark, while several other cases were affirmed through the use of the same technique.

What some of these practices shows is a willingness to compromise and/or bargain our lives away by all parties involved especially when there’s a blatant attempt to use the Atkins Claim as a deciding factor in cases where numerous other violations are clearly recognized for review and/or cited for relief, says a lot about the type of representation is being afforded to those of us who has to rely on State Assistance.
To wit, some of these cases is being intentionally misrepresented and kept out of the hands of independent entities wiling to help expose miscarriages of justice by representing body, as was and being done in this particular case.

Since it seems imperative that I will be taken to the Texas Slaughter House, strapped to a generic cross and euthanized like so many others, I want the readers to know this. A great many people being murdered across this Nation is murdered with the aid of the media-conglomerate and those who symbolizes the cavalry because, lets face it, if there were no personal gains to be bad, these prisons would not be overflowing with bodies, nor would prosecutor’s, judges, etc…
go from being what they were to a higher seat in the Senate or Congress.

As Georg Jackson's little brother stated back in the 60’s, “there’s over a million organizations in the world and not one damn problem solved”…, which includes the judicial branch though, if that is the case, and that is the case, then the people have to stand up, the world over, and put the hypocrisy, we eagerly turn a blind eye to, down. Otherwise, we are no better than the injustices we allow to go unchecked. For love, peace, freedom, justice and equality are attributes that are gain through blood, sweat and tears and not by more gestures.

Amadi & Upenda
Yatombi Ikei
Texas Death Row
Annyck GUILLARD
GUILLARD

Anthony Pierce - Innocent Death Row Prisoners In Texas

Postby anne » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:52 am

Innocent Death Row Prisoners In Texas

Anthony Pierce as a part of the 11 Innocent Death Row Prisoners Network in Texas

http://www.todesstrafe.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1235
anne

Court Opinion

Postby admin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Court Opinion

In The United States Court of Appeals
for the Fifth Circuit

filed December 7, 2009

Anthony Leroy Pierce
v.
Rick Thaler, Director, Texas Department of Criminal Justice, Correctional Institution Division

Full text at http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions%5C ... .0.wpd.pdf

Anthony Pierce v. Thaler 2009 U.S. App. LEXIS 26646 (5th Cir 12/7/2009) (unpublished) "The State’s appeal of the district court’s grant of relief under Penry is now before us, as is Pierce’s request for a COA for some of the claims he unsuccessfully raised in the district court. We grant Pierce’s request for a COA as to his claims that he is mentally retarded (rendering him ineligible for the death penalty under Atkins v. Virginia, 536 U.S. 304 (2002)), and that he received ineffective assistance of counsel. Pierce’s request is denied on all other claims. We reserve opinion on the government’s appeal of the Penry issue until after oral argument, during which we will hear argument as to Pierce’s Penry, Atkins, and ineffective assistance claims."
http://capitaldefenseweekly.com/archives/091214.htm
admin
Site Admin

Court Opinion

Postby admin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:20 am

Court Opinion

In The United States Court of Appeals
for the Fifth Circuit

filed April 19, 2010

Anthony Leroy Pierce
v.
Rick Thaler, Director, Texas Department of Criminal Justice, Correctional Institution Division

Appeal from the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas

Full text at http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/pu ... V0.wpd.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Longtime Texas death row inmate wins appeal

By TERRY WALLACE Associated Press Writer © 2010 The Associated Press
April 19, 2010, 8:46PM

DALLAS — A federal appeals court Monday ordered a new sentencing trial for one of the longest-serving inmates on Texas death row.

The ruling by 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans leaves intact the capital murder conviction for 50-year-old Anthony Leroy Pierce but orders a new punishment trial. Pierce has been on Texas' death row for 32 years. Only three prisoners have been there longer.

Full text at http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6966157.html
admin
Site Admin

Re: Yatombi Ikei aka Anthony Pierce

Postby admin » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:34 am

Update by Anthony Pierce
August 9, 2011
From the Harris County Jail, Houston, TX

Last March, the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals issued a ruling on my case that amounts to a Prima Facie showing because it half-heartedly addressed the issue before the court, “Brady v. Maryland.” One dissenting justice stated that the Brady claim was well demonstrated yet, a punishment hearing was ordered.

What was before the court was two obtained affidavits of eye-witnesses who stated that they received a payment for their testimony, which was not revealed to the defense team plus, it was given while they were to testify and shortly after testifying.

However, the most compelling part of the affidavit was the part where the eye-witness confessed of being coerced by the district attorney prior to him and his brother testifying.

The court totally ignored that confession, I petitioned the court to be heard prior to its ruling and was denied. Afterwards I petitioned the U.S. Supreme Court and was granted permission to file a Writ of Certiorari though, before I could prepare it I was bench warranted back to Harris County on July 23, 2010. Hauled into the court-room my case was moved out of, and given a new attorney, thus having those on my case forcefully removed.

I was immediately placed in super-maximum security status and denied property, including legal property and the use of a typewriter.

At the moment I have been trying [to] get into court though, this effort has been hampered by the court appointed attorney, but I am sure September 6th, my next scheduled court date I will go before the judge where I had filed to remove this attorney. It also appears that I will have to initiate meaningful action in my case because nobody seems interested into exposing these latest facts that took me 30 years to uncover.

They want me to [except] accept life imprisonment so they could refile an actual innocence claim, have these students from this Innocence Project pretend to save the day while allowing the system to continue to operate as usual and I refuse to do that because one thing is that I have done 35 calender years on a lie and more so, these people have used this system to justify murdering and confining people illegally.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:02 pm

Breaking News: Texas Death Row Inmate Anthony Pierce to Be Re-Sentenced to Life
AUGUST 27, 2012 8:14PM

BREAKING NEWS: We just heard from Gloria Rubac of the Texas Death Penalty Abolition Movement that Texas death row inmate Anthony Pierce will not return to death row. Anthony arrived on death row in 1978. Only two other people still on death row in Texas arrived earlier than Anthony.

More at http://open.salon.com/blog/scottcobb/20 ... ed_to_life
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

DA's office plans to not seek execution of man on death row since 1978
By Allan Turner
Updated 3:00 a.m., Thursday, August 30, 2012

...Pierce, 53, who has spent more time on death row than all but two of its current residents, was convicted of capital murder and sentenced to death on three occasions, most recently in 1986.

Appeals courts tossed the first two convictions because of jury selection problems. Two years ago, a three-member panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit threw out the last trial's punishment phase because jurors were kept from hearing mitigating evidence as required by law.

Full article at http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 825169.php
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:42 pm

This TV report shows once again that the focus of the U.S. media is sensationalism. Fox does not seem to question the guilt of a convicted murderer. Fox does not interview the defendant's party concerning facts at all. The only fact everything is about is that Anthony Leroy Pierce was convicted of killing someone. No talking about the Brady violation, which might cause the District Attorney's office some expensive problems.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some happy, others horrified convicted killer could walk
Posted: Aug 31, 2012 5:13 AM Updated: Aug 31, 2012 5:16 AM
By Ned Hibberd, Reporter

HOUSTON (FOX 26) -

After 34 years on Death Row, a convicted killer is eligible for parole, with the stroke of a pen.

On Thursday, Anthony Leroy Pierce accepted a sentence of life in prison for the 1977 murder of 40-year old Fred Johnson, the manager of a fried chicken restaurant in southeast Houston.

The full article and the FOX video are available at http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/19423 ... could-walk
Your donation is vital to IIPPI
http://www.iippi.org/donations.html

Join IIPPI on Facebook
admin
Site Admin

Return to Texas Inmates